Wednesday 7 December 2016

Chocolate Peppermint Brownies

There's always occasion to make brownies, I mean who really needs an excuse? But Christmas definitely calls for brownies but we'd better make them a little bit festive with Chocolate Peppermint.




Christmas baking is in full swing in my house! My family all arrive for the holidays in two weeks time so I'm busy creating sweet treats in the kitchen to plan what to make for them. My brother LOVES my brownies so what better excuse to make a Christmas brownie!


Brownies are so quick and easy to throw together and I just love the crunchy top and fudgy centre. I always use a mixture of brown sugar and white sugar in my brownies as the brown sugar gives a better fudgy texture but feel free to use all white sugar if that's all you've got in the cupboard.


I used a dark peppermint chocolate in my recipe so I didn't have to muck around getting a good balance of peppermint essence. My hubby said the amount of peppermint flavor coming through was perfect. But if you'd prefer to use a normal chocolate and then add peppermint essence that'd be fine too! Just be careful with how much you add - that stuff is strong!


Since this is supposedly a Christmas recipe (I say supposedly because nothings going to stop me making these year round!), get creative with festive toppings! I crushed up some candy cane and sprinkled those on top.


Chocolate Peppermint Brownies


Makes about 12 pieces

200 g butter
200 g dark peppermint chocolate
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup plain flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 eggs, lightly beaten

1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a brownie pan or similar with baking paper.

2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large bowl in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring well every 30 seconds until the chocolate and butter are both melted, smooth, and well incorporated.

3. Whisk in the sugars followed by the eggs. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix well.

4. Pour into the prepared pan and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes. Cool in the tin before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container. 


7 comments:

  1. Nicole! OMG I so need to make these brownies! beautiful photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive and certainly good for any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so taken in by Holiday Sweets, the brownies are calling my name. I love adding the peppermint to chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in full peppermint mode right now. Yum. Tis the season for peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Chocolate Peppermint Brownies is look like so delicious. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photos as always!

    ReplyDelete